Endeavour Hills Cricket Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for all players, members and associates of the Endeavour Hills Cricket Club to chat, discuss and share anything they like.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

3rd test discussion!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Medders

Medders

3rd test discussion! Empty
PostSubject: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Big Test starting tomorrow. How do we think the Aussies will go? Who would you play?

My Team would be
Hughes
Watson
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Haddin
Smith
Johnson
Harris
Siddle
Hilfenhaus

So in comes Hughes for Katich, Hussey and Clarke switch positions in the batting order as I reckon Clarke bats better later on in the innings and Hussey is in good form. Haddin moves up to Six, Smith bats at 7, Johnson in for Bollinger and Hilfy in for Doherty. I dont see the need to play Beer when its at the Waca and you have Smith and can bowl spin if needed

More than likely though Beer will play and Siddle will miss out

What are your thoughts Guys?
Back to top Go down
Taity

Taity

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 5:55 pm

I don't rate smiths bowling at all! I think Koala in for smith and play Beer as we will need a spinner, he will prob have to take Hilfy or Johnno. I think Johnno might have to play. But the curators should be preparing wickets with alot more in it, as the Aussie will need it if there a chance to take 20 wickets:!:
Back to top Go down
HSV24
Admin
HSV24

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:43 am

But Koala isn't in the squad.
And Beer won't/shouldn't play, although I think he will.

Meant to be a greentop over there, definitely should take a punt and go with 4 quicks, Smtih to bowl a few spinners, and leave Watson to focus on batting and making 188, without a 6, as good top order bats do.

Definitely need to see some proper decks and none of this flat, lifeless Indian sh1t!
Back to top Go down
https://endeavourhillscc.forummotion.com
Taity

Taity

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:27 pm

Yeah I know Koala isn't in the squad but should be! I think Smith and Beer will both be playing though. I heard it was green hopefully it's a really tough wicket as we really need to win.

I heard the VIC's went to town with the bat last night to. Quieny and White, do you know the end scores Question
Back to top Go down
HSV24
Admin
HSV24

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Get back to work Taity! South Australia need you!

Yeah they belted them, 6's left, right and centre. Was watching it at the Dandy with Goody, Juz and Pez. They made hitting 6's so easy...on the 50 metre Adelaide Oval side boundaries hahaha.

Bowled them out for 234 in the end. I think the Vics smashed 215 off the last 25 overs.
Back to top Go down
Taity

Taity

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Haha yeah spewin i missed it! was that for the commitee meeting last night?

Sixes ah did you get any tips lol!

Just kiddin mate i can't buy a run atm. 2's on sunday for me, hopefully i can bribe the umps like Matty and get a few chances Laughing
Back to top Go down
HSV24
Admin
HSV24

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:07 pm

Haha yeah it was except it was an 'unofficial' one because Dave wasn't there, so we just had a feed, couple drinks, chat about a few things.

LOL! Came to the conclusion that us top order batsman aren't meant to hit 6's, we just push the ball around, occupy the crease, leave the big hitting to the middle/lower order bats! Smile

Yeah I think the best way to go about getting runs is use the Maxi Theorem- Bribe the Umps and don't walk when you're out!
Back to top Go down
Taity

Taity

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Well I'll be hung over this week, that has generally been when i've done my best work Laughing
So i'm goin with that theory this week.

Who do you think will come in for me Question Neil isn't playing!
Back to top Go down
HSV24
Admin
HSV24

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Hahah I should really try that theory out too! If it weren't for the juniors!!

So Neilo is out? I'm hoping he brings in a bat and not a bowler. We had this chat last night, I'm gonna tell him tonight, straight up, replace you with a batsman, not an all-rounder or a bowler. I have a feeling he might bring up Lachie.
Back to top Go down
Taity

Taity

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:58 pm

Yeah I think he might bring him up too! He has been performing well with bat and ball anyway Exclamation Will still be interesting to see who he does choose
Back to top Go down
Medders

Medders

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:57 pm

If im honest I think he will bring up Watto and Trehern! Just have a feeling hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Taity

Taity

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Touche lol! well played
Back to top Go down
HSV24
Admin
HSV24

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:30 pm

cheers

Enough said

Hahaha
Back to top Go down
Medders

Medders

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:32 pm

ahahahahahahaa cheers this high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Medders

Medders

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:38 pm

Well there you go! Aussies did it easy! Makes the boxing day test very interesting, with the Aussies now having the momentum.
Back to top Go down
Taity

Taity

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:51 pm

Our bowlers are up and about and any luck we'll have a replacement for Ponting someone that can make a run Exclamation
Back to top Go down
B-Shizzle

B-Shizzle

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:42 pm

if the docs don't say anything ponting will play injured...cos i rekon clarke will have too much pressure to ensure we get a result in melbourne. but should be a ripper finish to the series now..
hauritz is still making runs and getting some wickets as well...but somehow i don't see him picked ever again...but he could have done these heriocs when he was in the side and not when he was dropped..the douchebag!!....

but a good win all in all...now just need to back it up next test!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd test discussion!   3rd test discussion! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3rd test discussion!
Page 1 of 1