Endeavour Hills Cricket Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for all players, members and associates of the Endeavour Hills Cricket Club to chat, discuss and share anything they like.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

World Cup 2011

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Medders

Medders

World Cup 2011 Empty
PostSubject: World Cup 2011   World Cup 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Australia squad Shane Watson, Brad Haddin (wk), Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke, Michael Hussey, David Hussey, Cameron White, Tim Paine (wk), Steven Smith, John Hastings, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Hauritz, Brett Lee, Shaun Tait, Doug Bollinger.

Shocking side if im honest.... Id Have Bollinger out Siddle in, Hauritz out Steve O'Keefe in, Michael Clarke out and Brad Hodge in. Im sick and tired of Clarke.

Going to be a very even Tournament. England, South Africa and India probably the favourites but im going to be backing Sri Lanka to win it.
Back to top Go down
HSV24
Admin
HSV24

World Cup 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2011   World Cup 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:13 am

I suppose Hauritz will be unlikely to play, leaving Doherty to take his spot.
Good to see Steve Smith get more overs and actually pick up wickets, if he can take 2-3 wickets a game and keep his RPO under 4.5, and make a 20-30 odd down the order, he's doing his job, that's all he needs to do.

I never rated Bollinger, I think Sids will be more effective in the sub-continent, with the ability to just keep banging in, Dougy I think can be a bit predictable.

Clarke, well apart from that one tour late last year, has always made runs in the sub-continent. My money is on him being up there with our leading run scorers.

With Binga up and running real well, is there a need for Tait in the 11? Surely you can't play Lee, Tait and Johnson in the same team?

Either way, I think this will be the most even World Cup definitely since the 1999 one, any of 6 teams have a genuine chance of winning it. I'm obviously still backing our lads to the death, but it would be nice to see South Africa win it. As long as India or Sri Lanka don't win it, I suppose I'll be ok.
Back to top Go down
https://endeavourhillscc.forummotion.com

World Cup 2011
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Endeavour Hills Cricket Club :: General Discussion-
Jump to: